A New Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-: Haru the Tempermental :-

2 posters

Go down

-: Haru the Tempermental :- Empty -: Haru the Tempermental :-

Post by Crystal Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 pm

-: Haru the Tempermental :- 15387210

-:HARU:-

-:Gender:- Male
-:Age:- 22 Moon Cycles (1yr 10 months)
-:Breed:- Newfoundland Wolf

-: Haru the Tempermental :- Re23

How exactly would one describe Haru... well it's quite hard to say exactly. Quite obviously his personality isn't all flowers and sunshine, but it's not all negative with no highlights to it either. I suppose his flaws would probably be the easiest point to start off with him. If there are to be a few things about him that always gets him in trouble, it would probably have to be his hard headed nature, his temper, and his sharp tongue.

Haru never understands that there is a time to back down from a fight and he finds it necessary that, in a situation he is put down, a fight is the only way that he can prove himself worthy. The young male just doesn't understand that at times there are going to be battles that you fight with words, others with teeth, and then even at some points, there is going to be a battle where you just have to know to back down. In situations he cannot tell apart which answer would better fit his current predicament, so he usually resorts to violence as his answer to problems.
To be completely honest, he is too stubborn to take other suggestions once he makes up his mind. If his method of doing something doesn't work the first time, he won't take suggestions. Being Haru he will simply keep on trying. So while this hard headed nature of his causes him to get into lots of fights and not listen to others' advice, it does however have its advantages. This has provided him with sense of perseverance, and this has taught him that if the first time something doesn't work out you just have to keep on trying until it does, or make small adjustments along the way.

The next two points are quite simple, Haru has a terrible temper when angered, and his tongue is sharp in support. It is safe to say that he has a relatively small line of tolerance and once it snaps, well, just get away from him. When he starts raging, he is not a wolf that you want to be around. It's almost like at times he's blind to his anger, he'll lash out without realizing and will often connect teeth with fur if he crosses a certain point. However, these moments do come a smaller, less severe extent. In some cases Haru will only be angered to the point where his tongue is your worst enemy. If you insult him, he will easily lash out with one right back at you, before you really have time to gather a second thought. This without a doubt has it's negative points because, since he is still fairly young, if an older wolf jokes with him he may unintentionally take it as an insult and quickly jump to his own, unneeded, defense.
This does come with it's advantages though, this means that he will not tolerate being walked over and if he has something that he wants to speak on his mind, he will say it without second thought. If someone he cares about is insulted, this will also cause him to, without second thought, jump to their defense.

On the upper hand, although Haru has trust issues for reasons unknown, once you somehow mange to obtain his trust, or respect at that, you have an unquestionable trustworthy, loyal wolf at your alliance. If the alpha of the pack somehow manages to gain his respect, even if he doesn't in one bit trust them or the other wolves in his pack, he still gives his undying loyalty to them. Some say he is quite over protective, which isn't a false statement. If he really does care about you, this male will bring himself to the grave to protect you, no matter what you my have done to him at one point of the next.

Underneath all this though, is just a big teddy bear. This only comes out towards some individuals, and who are they? Pups, and a wolf that he loves. Around young pups, whether they're his own or not, he wants nothing more then the best for them. Around them, one can look at him and question whether or not he is the same Haru or not. If a wolf manages to capture his heart, the same thing applies. He wants nothing more then to protect them and do what's best, even if it hurts himself.

-: Haru the Tempermental :- Re25

-:Muscle Build:- Large and hefty, however Haru has long legs to compliment his build, and help him in the running aspect.

-:Behind the Obvious:-
Haru, being the sub-species that he is, is very large in comparison to other wolves, however for his breed in specific he is quite small. He isn't like a bug for them, but he isn't at the average size where he should be. His legs give him height, but when put in a ratio compared to his weight, it is not at all proportionate. This is NOT because he is fat, this is simply because of his muscle amount and the weight that comes from that.

-:Coat:-
Haru's coat is nothing spectacular, and nothing particularly fancy or appealing to look at. The colors on his pelt are fairly basic, just variations of light browns, to tan and cream colors. Stretching from his forehead, down the spine of his back, to the tip of his tail there is a dark stripe, so to say, of different shades of grey that fade as it leads down the sides of his body. Overall, the darker patches of fur are only located above his eyes on his forehead (it only goes to the area around his cheekbone), leading down his back, and ending at the tip of his tail.

-:Window to the Soul:-
Haru's eyes are basically unreadable. His eyes are a green, however it always seems like there is a blank expression shining clear through them.

-: Haru the Tempermental :- 38683810

-: Haru the Tempermental :- Re27

Haru's life? There's nothing really too spectacular. He doesn't usually say anything about it, and just acts like he's Mr.Tough Guy, so I guess I should say listen carefully because this is the only time you'll hear this. His tale is one I'll tell in brief clips, mostly dialogue explaining the events going on. So with that being said, let his story begin...

"Zoru, Gillan and, Haru. A strong name for our second son..." A smaller female lay in a den, it was dug near a riverbed, most likely abandoned by whatever creature before inhabited it.
"But Laurel, he's anything but strong! If anything he won't last the night. Just watch! Look how small  he is, he's a disgrace to the family."
"Hayes you have no right to speak of him like that!"
"Unless he can prove me otherwise, I have no reason to call him my son." With those words, and tail lashing in anger, Hayes, the father of the pups, slithered out of the den, not allowing Laurel to defend her pup any longer.

~

"Laurel..?" At this point in his life, he was probably around 2 months old, he didn't know much. Even this early in life though, he knew something.
"Yes love?"
The small little pup looked up, eyes sparkling with nothing but innocence and curiosity, "Why does daddy not like me? Why does he think I'm not good enough?"

Those words hit home to the young mother. She was aware, yes that Hayes did avoid the small pup and whenever he laid eyes on him, there was always a sneer present, but she hadn't known that Haru had put the pieces together. "It's not that he thinks you're not good enough... it's just that-" She struggled looking for the words but Zuro came sprinting over. Even she, was starting to get bigger then Haru.

"Mommy, daddy caught me a rabbit and said I can eat the WHOLE thing! He said it'll make me big and strong, and not soft and weak like Haru! Look mommy, come see!"

Haru's eyes grew wide, "He thinks I'm... weak? It's because I'm with Mama all the time isn't it! I'll prove him wrong!"

~

After that Haru spent all his time off, where did he go? It's not quite sure, he never told. He became distant and cold. He slowly shaped into the wolf he is now, rude, a fighter, and temperamental. This is to blame his father, he did all this to prove what he was worth.

~

At the age of 18 moon cycles, Haru's family fell victim of disaster. There were hunters in the area, and there was also an act of area expansion taking place. For the first time in the family's life, they knew what it was like to be hunted until they were killed. This didn't pose a serious threat for a while in his life though, this actually didn't matter much at all to Haru.

One day while he was off like usual, he returned home, ready to tell his family that he was leaving, he was done with it. Despite the fact that he hated his parents and siblings, they still had his respect, and he was still loyal to his blood pack. He had been away for a few days, probably off training, but when he returned, there was only blood dried and the smell of death in the air. The only trace of his family other then that, was a tuft of fur, it smelled vaguely of his mother. For the first time in a long while memories of his mother flashed through his brain, memories of the two of them from when he was younger. "Mother... I'm sorry..." Sadness was obvious in his eyes, along with defeat. He had ended things wrong with Laurel, and now there was no way to fix it.

~

From that day on, Haru traveled the land, he tied the scruff of fur around his 'ankle'. For him it was a way to seek comfort. He fell upon a land of many caves, and it seemed no signs of man (being people). Figuring it was safe and isolated, Haru settled down, and now hopes to join a pack, to try to make wrongs right. However, he is too afraid to get attached again, afraid that he'll treat them like he did his mother, and not realize until its too late. Instead of allowing himself to get attached, he has resorted to being cold and distant, and now the question is, will he ever change?  

-: Haru the Tempermental :- Re14

-:Descendant To:- Unknown Descant

-:Crush:- He's too scared to get attached
-:Pups:- N/A

-:Friends:- It's probably safe to say he has none.
-:Neutral Bystanders:- None, he hasn't met anyone
-:Enemies:- He has yet to make any

-:Mother:- Laurel
-:Father:- Hayes
-:Siblings:- Zoru (sister) Anik (brother) Gillan (brother)

Crystal
The Descendants

Back to top Go down

-: Haru the Tempermental :- Empty Re: -: Haru the Tempermental :-

Post by Misa Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:19 am

Accepted~! Feel free to start a topic whenever you'd like!
Misa
Misa
Guardian of the North/ Chosen One

Female Posts : 9

https://guardians-of-dawn.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum